Habits that Slowly but Steadily Cause Weight Loss
People become overweight for a variety of reasons mostly relating to lifestyle habits. Weight gain is usually gradual often caused by a change in metabolism relating to a combination of increased calorie intake, decreased or not enough exercise, and age. Also, unfortunately, the growing and mostly unnecessary use of antidepressants and mood altering medications have become a main cause of weight gain and obesity. Most antidressants and other mood altering medications have been proven to disrupt a persons normal healthy metabolism causing weight gain.
The good news is that with some minor changes to your lifestyle you can add healthy and passive habits to your routine that will help you naturally control weight gain and lose weight. Here are some passive habits that will help you achieve a more optiminal weigth!
1. Don't Eat Two Hours Before Bed. During sleep, as your body rests and repairs itself from the days activities, going to sleep with little or no food in your stomach is a great way to slowly loose weight. Going to sleep with an empty stomach also encorages good sleep. Good sleep also encourages weight loss. Going to bed on a full stomach makes for a more fitfull sleep and can cause you to weigth slightly more the next morning.
2. Slightly Cool. Sleeping slightly cool is a great way to slowly and steadily lose weight as the body will burn calories in an effort to keep the body at optimimal sleeping core temperature. Sleeping slightly cool means being comfortable with the temperature, but just slightly cooled. Sleeping slightly cooled does not mean becoming chilled. The body will not burn calories to keep the body warm if you sleep to warmly, with too many sleeping covers.
3. Get Sufficient Sleep. Researchers have found that lack of sleep appears to compromise efforts to lose weight. See 13 Tips to Good Sleep Naturally
4. Exercise Before Breakfast. A little exercise in the morning before having breakfast is a great way to burn some calories.
5. Eat Breakfast Daily. People who eat breakfast daily are 43% less likely to become obese than people who eat breakfast less than 3 times a week. See Eating Breakfast Daily Significantly Reduces Type 2 Diabetes and Obesity Risks
6. Consistently Log Exercise and Weight. The National Institutes of Health in a wide study found that people who CONSISTENTLY used an online weight-management site had significantly greater success in maintaining weight loss. 1Vigor.com has a free Log to track exercise, weight and wellness information. See Ralph's 1Vigor Log Calendar
7. Walk off Worry. Many people that are overweight are in the habit of eating to help them deal with worry or stress. Developing the habit of walking instead of eating as a way to cope with worry or stress will help you loose weight. Walking also is a way to 'clear' your head to help you make better decisions regarding stressful or worrisome situations. See Clear Thinking. See also Clear Thinking Skills
8. Food Portion Control. Develop the habit of eating slightly less portions. Exercising food portion control is an excellent way to slowly but steadily loose weigh. Portion control is an excellent way to slowly but steadily loose weight. See Food Portion Control and Calorie Restriction for Peak Performance, Longevity and Optimal Health. Eating portions that contain quality calories instead of 'empty' calories devoid of energy will also help you lose weight. Quality calories are foods that contain Glucose or convert to Glucose, instead of high fructose corn syrup. High fructose corn syrup is a sweetener mostly devoid of energy. Glucose is our body's primary source of energy! See Natural Sources of Glucose
9. Natural Mood Highs. Life has its challenges and ups and downs. Instead of relying on medications, find natural ways to keep your mood upbeat and balanced. Adopt habits, like getting outdoors, being with a friend, changing your activity or thought every 90 minutes, that support these natural mood lifting ways. We are made to find natural solutions to our challenges instead of looking for a quick fix with antidepressants. In life, there are no quick fixes. Good things, positive results take some work and take time. See Tips to Beat/Treat Depression Naturally. Being overweight can be depressing and can cause other physical health issues and concerns, including Type 2 Diabetes. See Natural Ways to Help Prevent and Treat Type 2 Diabetes<-- back to top
Articles on Natural Weight Control, Weight Loss and Natural Health
Insufficient Sleep Thwarts Weight Loss Efforts, Fran Lowry, Medscape
Physical Activity can Reduce GeneticTtendency Toward Obesity 40%, Ruth Loos, Great Britain's Medical Research Council, PLoS MedicineWeight-Management Web Site Helps Regular Users the Most, Robert Lowes, Medscape